Celtic Thunder Chapter Ireland was founded in 2005 and is affiliated to Waterford Harley-Davidson®. As a Harley-Davidson® owners chapter, Celtic Thunder have travelled as a group in Europe, America and Canada which has developed bonds and friendships both within Celtic Thunder and with other H.O.G.s alike.
Every year, Ireland holds it's largest motorbike festival, run in Killarney, County Kerry. Celtic Thunder has played a major role in the Irish Bike Fest since it's commencement in 2007 and has helped it go from strength to strength.
As a chapter, Celtic Thunder is involved in many charitable events both at a community and national level every year. An example of some of these are listed below:
- Save our Boobs & Balls Road Trip in aid of Solas Centre Waterford, which we've been running from 2011 until present.
- The Solas Centre Run For Life
- Rotary Cycle for Ronald McDonald House
- Donal O'Connor Memorial Cycle
- Many other events including, Boxing, Toy Runs, BBQs, Poke Runs etc.
Throughout the year there are many Celtic Thunder club events which take place, such as, Club House Gigs, Ride-Outs and Overnighters, all of which help to promote camaraderie within the Chapter.